As a Senior Manager at Continuum Advisory Group, Eric Timmis provides consulting services to general and subcontractors, industrial solar installation contractors, large design companies, home building companies, automotive manufacturing companies, and public transportation providers (particularly light rail). He has served clients in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
In his prior positions as Project Manager for Costain, UK and other generals, Value Engineer Consultant at Ford, a Lead Trainer for Pulte Homes, Faculty member of SAE International, and Executive at Timmis Trujillo Enterprises, Eric assisted generals, home builders, trade partner subcontractors, manufacturing companies and facility owners. During his consulting career, Eric has contributed his expertise to projects constructing landmark renovations, banks, bridges, port facilities, casinos/hotels, light rail design, market strategy, planning, deployment of Lean and Quality principles, granular level leadership training/development, and process improvement across a wide variety of projects.
Relevant experience includes:
- Lean Building workshops for several large home builders to eliminate waste and unnecessary cost in the delivered home
- Design and delivery of construction partnering workshops
- Strategic partnering to the Valley Metro Rail project, Phoenix AZ
- Customized training for Pulte Homes to implement “Pulte Preferred Partners” with their supplier/contractor community
- Value Analysis/Engineering Facilitation services to Ford Motor Company and their suppliers
- Training for the Eaton Corporation, Product Development Management Group in areas of internal partnering and Critical Path scheduling
- Training in Construction Contract Control Software (Expedition by Primavera) to Owners and Contractors
Eric’s background in project delivery, consulting, training, operations and implementation make him particularly effective in helping clients translate their efforts into high value deliverables, focusing on quality, cost and cycle time.
Eric holds a Bachelors in Civil Engineering from the University of Birmingham, and a membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers.